Ryanair - Hatchet job by Panorama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a seperate note, I thought all discussion of Aer Lingus and Ryanair was banned from this site a number of years ago when a load of AL pilots came on here, campaigning against privatisation ??

Thank goodness they lost that battle!

BeanPole[COLOR=black said:
.[/color]

Whatever else about O’Leary, he brought a degree of democracy to the skies by allowing many young Irish people to travel home to see their families on a far more frequent basis than could ever have been possible if a State run bloated Aer Lingus maintained its monopoly.

Michael O'Leary isn't in business because he cares about people! he's in business to make money anyhow, anywhere, anytime. People know what to expect when they travel Ryanair, they accept that because they pay so little they have to accept the little that is offered them. The trick is to play the game. don't bring luggage, don't buy anything on the flight, have all your paperwork in proper order and be prepared for anything going wrong. If you do actually fly and arrive at the correct airport that's a bonus and you should be grateful and that all you should expect.

Michael O'Leary isn't in business because he cares about people! he's in business to make money anyhow, anywhere, anytime. People know what to expect when they travel Ryanair, they accept that because they pay so little they have to accept the little that is offered them. The trick is to play the game. don't bring luggage, don't buy anything on the flight, have all your paperwork in proper order and be prepared for anything going wrong.

+1

Agree completely. And for a 1 or 2 hour flight, that is all most folks need and want.

I don't fancy having to pay an extra couple of hundred euros for Deirdre to serve me a warm glass of shampers, as was the case before Ryanair took to the skies and we were faced with a State run monopoly. I'd much rather have the money in my pocket and get from A to B quickly and cheaply

I wouldn't use them unless I really, really had to.

I've just made the choice I'm willing to pay a bit more to fly other airlines.

And tell me this how come you can afford the fares of the other airlines?

In relation to the programme - bit of a damp squid really. Didn't uncover anything. I'd like to know if they are actually measuring bags with boxes and if the staff get a bonus for catching customers out with extra luggage charges. Are these myths?

One result is that Michael has changed the 'no insurance required' drop down menu, which was well hidden. But Michael will be up to his old tricks on the website even as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back