Ryanair Car Park?

BOXtheFOX

I can't understand why Ryanair haven't purchased a few fields around Dublin Airport and opened a cut price long term car park. The prices charged by both the DAA and Quickpark are scandalous.

I dont think the quickpark prices are too bad. €7 a day I think. Not bad for 24 hours

I can't understand why Ryanair haven't purchased a few fields around Dublin Airport and opened a cut price long term car park. The prices charged by both the DAA and Quickpark are scandalous.

Because the price of land around Dublin Airport has probably increased as a result of the need for car parking and other airport related business, making the potential margin quite small?

Why not get a bus to the airport then ? That's what I do if I'm away for more than a few days.

A bus is a great idea
As long as you live in Dublin and your flight goes at a time public transport does

Why would Ryanair bother... it's not part of their core business... all Ryanair does is fill and fly planes - everything else is outsourced or run by affiliates.

There is no such thing as a Ryanair Hotel, Ryanair Car Hire, Ryanair Travel Insurance or Ryanair Transfers... these are just affiliate profit sharing deals... hell, Ryanair don't even operate that much of their ground handleing operations... that's outsourced too!

Ryanair is a marketing machine, a super brand and a top-class airplane operator... it is nothing else.

Quick Park is a good deal - and (just as importantly) they provide a good service if things go wrong - for example they provide jumpleads free of charge if your car won't start, DAA charge €40 for the same service.

A bus is a great idea
As long as you live in Dublin and your flight goes at a time public transport does

you don't have to live in Dublin to get the bus to Dublin Airport. It is no harm checking out the times if there is a route near you. I know for example that there is a 2.30am and a 4.30am bus from Carlow, so it is even possible to make the earliest flights... something not easily done with Dublin Bus!

no good for very early flights but the 101x from dundalk/drogheda calls into the airport. leave dundalk on the 1/2 hour from about 6.30am onwards. what puzzles me about the long stay car park in dublin is why is spread over such a hugh area if land is so expensive. where's the multistorey?

what puzzles me about the long stay car park in dublin is why is spread over such a hugh area if land is so expensive. where's the multistorey?
Maybe the planning restrictions in the vicinity of the airport preclude such a development?

Provided the bus turns up of course! Left high and dry by Bus Eireann last week in Drogheda when 4pm & 4.20pm buses didn't turn up...I was trying to make 6pm Ryanair flight with check-in (so had till 5.20pm to get to the airport). At 4.40 had to call a friend to drive me (made check-in with 4 minutes to spare!).

Matthews Coaches are going to run buses to the airport from Dundalk/Drogheda starting sometime this year.

Maybe the planning restrictions in the vicinity of the airport preclude such a development?
All the surface car parks are built under temp planning permission from FCC and renewed every few years such as F07A/0093. With the airport developing it's far too costly to put a permanent structure in place.

Yes and you have your car waiting for you when you come back from holidays,I live in Firhouse area, and to get a taxi to the airport and back with the family costs about 110E, a little more than the car parks fee, 7 E is good value, what % is the 98E from your total spend for your holidays,
The two week summer holiday is coming in at €98 just to park your car.