Ryanair. Black Friday/Cyber Week sale.

SlugBreath

First day of sale today. I haven't noticed any change in any of the prices being offered today compared to last week. Only looking at destinations that I am interested in though.

Anyone spot any difference?

Second day of sale.

I can't tell any difference between yesterday's sale and today's sale. Nothing seems to have changed. It also seems as if the offering is the same as before the sale.

Anyone notice anything?

Looks like their sale is about getting rid of their unsold flights up to the end of February 2024. You have to travel before then.

So far a damp squib.

Looks like their sale is about getting rid of their unsold flights up to the end of February 2024. You have to travel before then.

So far a damp squib.

Most Black Friday sales are about unloading surplus stock - so why should Ryanair be different? :)

Generally, Aer Lingus actually do take €100 off each leg of transatlantic flights at this time of year. We saved €800 a couple of years ago as a family of four!

I can't figure out what Ryanair is up to.

They had prices to European cities a couple of days ago at relatively low prices.

Now they are offering buy one and get one half price.

But....the low prices that they were offering a few days ago have increased quite a bit so I think the prices/offers are all ending up the same for their latest offer V their previous offer.

Hopefully they will make some decent offers for the coming Spring and Summer and not just for flights before the end of February.

But....the low prices that they were offering a few days ago have increased quite a bit so I think the prices/offers are all ending up the same for their latest offer V their previous offer.
Most airlines have tiered pricing, once the early cheap seats are sold, the price increases. If a full plane load of people arrive on the site on a single day, they won't all pay the same price.

If a furniture shop sells more sofas on Good Friday, they can get more in to fulfil the orders.

Ryanair are filling their flights to full capacity. If they sell more on Black Friday, they can't just create more seats. So there is no incentive for them to reduce prices.

Brendan

I happened to buy a few IT things, laptop, drives in the pre Black Friday sales, because I just needed them.

They've all gone up in Black Friday sales by at least 10~20%

Marked as in the sale and with a previously/reduced. But Camel, Camel, Camel shows that not to be true, except briefly when first on Amazon, but not that price for many months. I just happen to notice as they were things, I had planned to buy so were watching them.

I travel on Ryanair alot and for most part their staff on- board are well trained and they give great value for money and a grest company but my flight was delayed and having carefully examined the rules I was entitled to flight delay compensation. I put in a claim months ago and rang several times where they told me they were waiting for a response from the airport and other reasons. One official actually told me I had a valid claim ( flight delay had nothing to do with air traffic control problems but lack of crew as confirmed by captain on delayed flight). I wonder are they're hoping I will get fed up of it and forget.

First day of sale today. I haven't noticed any change in any of the prices being offered today compared to last week. Only looking at destinations that I am interested in though.
So far I have not been tempted by any of their Cyber sale offerings. The flights that I am tracking for 2024 haven't really changed. One outward flight was reduced in price by €5 but the inward flight price was increased by €5. (seven days later). I suppose if I wasn't returning after seven days then I would have saved €5. However I didn't do a dummy booking so I don't know if the €5 saving has been clawed back in the priority boarding charge or the seat selection charge.

once the early cheap seats are sold, the price increases
But if you wait long enough the price drops again. Airlines are trying to defeat popular price prediction apps by changing prices more erratically and in shorter intervals. It's basically become a war of algorithms.

It's basically become a war of algorithms.
Yes and no.

I track flight price changes on Google flights.

It’s fairly predictable with Ryanair. Prices drop about 20% between about four months and six weeks out, then rise steeply until day of flight. Sometimes there are deviations from the above pattern but not by too much.

Yes and no.

I track flight price changes on Google flights.

It’s fairly predictable with Ryanair. Prices drop about 20% between about four months and six weeks out, then rise steeply until day of flight. Sometimes there are deviations from the above pattern but not by too much.
And Aer Lingus trends to Europe ?

Back