Ryan Turbidy on the Late Late Show

Unfortunately RTE is like the civil service. Closed to new talent. Closed to talent if truth be told. God knows €600k, or whatever it is they feel fit to pay Turgid himself at our expense, should attract real star talent. Walk down Grafton Street any day and you would find a 'star', relative to Kenny or Turbridy. For god's sake, walk into any leaving cert class and you'll find someone who would attract more public interest than either of them. But of course RTE don't do any of that. Nah. Sure why would they? Restrict it to a limited pool of long-service employees. Just like any old civil service job. Just like we've always done. Embarrassing and primitive.

Who can pull the plug on this shameful waste?

I caught a few minutes of Friday's show, where Tubridy brought on Ardal O'Hanlon - cringeworthy. It wasn't an interview at all, like some other so-called comedians that I've seen on the show. It was just a stand-up routine, with Tubridy feeding a few staged lines to O'Hanlon. Awful stuff...

The problem with the show isn't just the presenter - it is the tired format. Time for change.

+1 .. a terrible interview. Nothing about Ardal himself just a stand-up (except he was sitting down). After he finished I was wndering what I just watched.

Back