RTE Rip offs

michaelm said:
Indeed, but you should realise that TV3 were providing Champions League to you for free but RTE (on your behalf) bought the rights this year with your licence money so you have the pleasure of paying for something that was available to you for free.

I realise that-I already pointed out that it would be interesting to see how the licence fee 'muscle' allowed RTE to purchase the Champions League rights.

No TV station in this country is truely 'free' as the licence fee has to be paid no matter what you watch.

My mother has entered this competition every day this week. She does it by email, so it costs nothing! I'm surprised moneywise AAM regulars did'nt think of this! Your usually great at saving every cent ;)

What annoys me is the win €1000 on Gerry Ryan's show. Txt in @50 cent a pop, they make their money back after 2000 texts. Surely they make the money back several times over.

As some famous person once said "The lottery is tax for those no good at math".

Anyone hear the advertising of the Champions League on TV3 on Tuesday night.

Don't remember the exact phrasing, but it was along the lines of "watch the Champions league for free on TV3, rather than having to pay for it on RTE".

Strictly speaking, not really correct, is it? Since you can't watch TV3 without paying for RTE anyway.

Back