RTE player only plays Ads then cuts off

Ndiddy

Hi, since the new version of the RTE player came out, I can't get a show to play. When I choose watch now or hit the play button, several ads play and then the feed just cuts off as if the show has ended.
any advice?
I have made sure that there are no ad blockers....

I'm having that problem as well although not every time. I will try galwaypat's suggestion. Annoyingly it always manages to play the ads, even if I'm trying to watch a show from part way through!

RTE player is the biggest load of garbage, problems as above plus constant buffering. They are as well just throw it away and ask BBC how they developed theirs

I've never seen a app/website fail so much for so long. Must be 20 yrs trying to get a working online player. New one is almost worse than old one. And the ads oh the pain.

Its terrible, 2-3 minutes of ads makes you lose interest before anything begins - at least the uk ones put the ads at intervals

I had the problem when I watched it on internet explorer but when I switched to Firefox I could watch it no bother. Mind you you have to watch the adds or at least leave them run or you'll have problems. You can't seem to skip them

There was a post on reddit - where they found it possible to bypass the ads with a chrome addon - called ublock.

Back