RTE 'news' this evening

To get back to RTE - not sure whether it is Mary Wilson or the production team, but the stupidity and triviality of some of the Drivetime topics is hardly beyond the realms of fantasy.
This from RTE who purports to be the flagship of news in this country and charges us for the priviledge of listening to adverts every few minutes!

banged on about it tonight as well. I had just returned from a friendly in oriel against derry city and up pops paddy cullens bus again. I suppose we could call it the ' paddywagon' :p . As a dundalk and ( ok ok leeds united supporter) I am delighted that rugby and soccer is being played at croker. I dont forget however that as far as I can recall one John Delaney was one of the leading oponents of eircom park. as was the government admittedly. albeit not as directly. I sincerely hoped the fai would go ahead with the development of eircom park but with the likes of delaney & co at the fai it had no chance. unlike cm I enjoy hurling and gaelic football. I really enjoyed the highlights of the englerland v new zealand one day cricket match two nights ago. didn't know the outcome so that was a bonus. also enjoyed the darts this year. some magnificent games. would hate to confine myself to one sport. but everyone has their favourites and soccer is mine.
back to the busses. maybe after this weekend all those beamer/merc/jag owners will use public transport after this experience :)

I got involved in the coaching as my son is at that age. My 'altruism' will last as long as he wants to stay involved.

Who knows, you might be a regular on All-Ireland final day at Croke Park in 15 - 20 years time:)

To get back to RTE - not sure whether it is Mary Wilson or the production team, but the stupidity and triviality of some of the Drivetime topics is hardly beyond the realms of fantasy.
This from RTE who purports to be the flagship of news in this country and charges us for the priviledge of listening to adverts every few minutes!
I can't cope with Drivetime any more, there's rarely a pertinent or insightful question put to anyone.

anyone hear the news at 1.00 today? inverwiew with last president of gaa and during it the rte newsperson said that it was a pity the national athem wouldnt be played at croke park . particularly agains the english. at least sean kelly knew that it would and said so to the rte sportsperson. and I used to think the yer man paul collins on today fm knew sweet fa about sport. obviously an ignorance of whats actually happening is no impediment to getting a sports job at rte.

:eek: This post will be deleted if not edited immediately, you're having a hell of a season, a double whammy. God love ya.

just another reason for us dundalkies to carry big chips on our shoulders
but we go straight to heaven when we die. or at least sort of a border between heaven and everywhere else. they had no right to abolish limbo we could have smuggled souls in and out of heaven from it. and left john delaney in it.:)

anyone hear the news at 1.00 today? inverwiew with last president of gaa and during it the rte newsperson said that it was a pity the national athem wouldnt be played at croke park . particularly agains the english. at least sean kelly knew that it would and said so to the rte sportsperson. and I used to think the yer man paul collins on today fm knew sweet fa about sport. obviously an ignorance of whats actually happening is no impediment to getting a sports job at rte.

Heard that too, it was Sean O'Rourke interviewing Sean Kelly, was surprised he didn't know about the two anthems business for home matches. Maybe he turns off for fear of hearing the God-awful Ireland's Call, so was unaware that AnB gets an airing too? :)

Back