Rose of Tralee

Re: muppets

The music and video clips are always very well put together on Reeling In The Years. I think for what it is it's very well done. I wouldn't underestimate the skill required to tell the story of a year in such a short time with only video clips, music, and subtitles.

Can't say I have a problem with the subtitles. I'm just so relieved to be watching something while managing to keep my dinner down.

Maybe the last 20 years has been a deliberate strategy of lowering our expectations. With the Rose Of Tralee and The Lyrics Board as the star performers in that regard.

-Rd

The chick's on this years Rose of Tralee were HOT!, a big improvement from the past.

My sister was in the audience this year. The seats are those hard plastic seats we are all familiar with. Some were filthy with caked in dirt so on the first night members of the audience had to clean them down with hankies to stop their outfits getting ruined. The toilets were porta loos with no lighting. After dark they were pitch black inside. Pray you never have an obligation to attend, however bad it looks on television it's worse in person!

MoodyToo

Isn't Ray D'Arcy a fantastic person? He can make the mundane so entertaining. He's a natural performer who doesn't seem to have any baggage attaching. I haven't been at the festival in years and I have no desire to return. But, I did enjoy watching it this evening- maybe it's the Ray factor!

Marion

Back