Roadworks at Naas and delays in evening traffic.

Up Rovers

Hi All,

Just looking for some advice about roadworks and traffic at Naas. I understand the new lane is now open so have been led to believe that the delays are not as bad as they were over the past few months. I have an appointment for 5 p.m. in Naas where I will be going off at Exit 9 on Naas Road. I will be travelling from the Red Cow so just wondering if at that time of the evening it will be time enough to leave at 5 p.m. I'm just conscious of the evening commute traffic and have to admit that I haven't travelled that route in a long time at that hour of the day.

Thanks.

Hi All,

Just looking for some advice about roadworks and traffic at Naas. I understand the new lane is now open so have been led to believe that the delays are not as bad as they were over the past few months. I have an appointment for 5 p.m. in Naas where I will be going off at Exit 9 on Naas Road. I will be travelling from the Red Cow so just wondering if at that time of the evening it will be time enough to leave at 5 p.m. I'm just conscious of the evening commute traffic and have to admit that I haven't travelled that route in a long time at that hour of the day.

Thanks.

Unless you have a 'transporter' as in Star Trek that would be cutting it very tight. :):)

During midday I would allow 20 mins or so for this journey however at 4-5pm I would double this time, you just never know............

Always say I would travel the world if only I could do a beam me up Scottie, hate flying :) :)

Amended original post to show 4 p.m. starting out time :)

So presuming one hour should be plenty of time and hopefully there won't be any accidents to delay us along the way.

Currently it is around 15-20 mins from Newlands Cross to the Round Ball at J9, all assuming there are no crashes along the way, Minor delays at City West and Castlewarden but stay in the left lane once past Kill and you'll be fine. Can't comment on what traffic is like going into Naas and it would all depend on what part of town your appointment is in but sounds doable

I travel that way often and the above are all good estimates. Howver an accident can add a hell of a lot more time on the journey at that time of day.
How important is the appointment to you? A job interview? Hospital appt? A date?
Leave 90 mins and you can sit back once you get there.. plenty of places around to have a coffee.

I travel that way often and the above are all good estimates. Howver an accident can add a hell of a lot more time on the journey at that time of day.
How important is the appointment to you? A job interview? Hospital appt? A date?
Leave 90 mins and you can sit back once you get there.. plenty of places around to have a coffee.

We timed it perfectly and got there in 40 minutes when we left at 4oc. Glad we did and were able to sit back and relax before the appt.

When we were coming back around 6.30 it was a very different story, bumper to bumper heading to Naas, moving alright but slowly.

Thanks for all the tips from everyone.

For future reference, Google maps will give a pretty good indication of typical journey times. You can set the date and time you want to arrive at your destination at and it will give you a range indicating the typical traffic volumes at that time and day of the week.

Back