Revolut Now Have 500,000 Irish Customers. Update: 1m customers now.

I also got a notification today that 'Revolut Junior' is now available. A kids account, seems fairly straight forward to set up on the app.

I'd imagine that very few of the million use it as their main bank account but it is incredibly useful for making purchases in Sterling and other non-Euro currencies. Brilliant exchange rates and no fees. What's not to like?

Shocking how slow BoI and AIB are to modernise their apps to rival Revolut
They have legacy systems which are working so they will be slow to change. Revelut started from scratch in the techno age as oppose to the old 'Banklink hole in da wall thingy'

I'd imagine that very few of the million use it as their main bank account but it is incredibly useful for making purchases in Sterling and other non-Euro currencies. Brilliant exchange rates and no fees. What's not to like?

The main thing i don't like is that you can only access from one device. It doesn't support Joint Accounts.

You can request money, make a link, send it to someone, they pay from their browser with their card details, no sign up required.
Zero fees on either end.
I couldnt believe it, the likes of Stripe and PayPal would charge 2-3%

They have a plan in development, under the 100e monthly business plan, to "accept payments online without fees".
I'd say ecommerce will flood to it

Just checking out the website. The 1% cashbacks is stated to be for "outside Europe" rather than outside the EU.
I presume then that the 1% rate doesn't apply to the UK/NI?

The main thing i don't like is that you can only access from one device.

Don't know about joint accounts, but I have it on my phone, tablet and even my android TV box.
Full access on all.
Biometric access on phone and tablet, might remove it from the box as that was just to see if it worked.

Don't know about joint accounts, but I have it on my phone, tablet and even my android TV box.
Full access on all.
Biometric access on phone and tablet, might remove it from the box as that was just to see if it worked.

Do you have the Standard, Premium, or Metal version?

Back