Revenue eWorking allowance for company directors

argolis

I haven't seen this answered anywhere. The Revenue page only mentions employees so I'm not certain where I stand.

Is the €3.20 daily allowance for working from home permitted to be claimed by company directors?

I'm an IT contractor working from home since March. In the past I've claimed a reasonable percentage of broadband but it would be simpler if I could claim this expense and forget about everything else. I was told by a fellow IT contractor their accountant didn't think it was allowed to company directors though. Anyone know for sure?

[broken link removed]

Thanks

I would have assumed that as an employee of your own company you should be able to?
I'm the same as you.

I would have thought. I'm pretty sure I'm seen conversations on AAM before about reasonable percentage of bills to expense for working from home and this seems to be a simpler system. But I'm not sure because sometimes we're treated separately as Directors, being class S.

Hi There,
I'm in the same boat also. My accounting management company advise's me that I am entitled to this allowance, and so have been claiming it.

Hi There,
I'm in the same boat also. My accounting management company advise's me that I am entitled to this allowance, and so have been claiming it.

Claiming what allowance?

The 3.20 per day isn't an allowance that gets claimed.

It's an allowance that an employer can pay to its employees free of tax. It's at the employer's discretion, it doesn't get "claimed" by anyone.

Thanks for clarifying the wording. What happens in my case is my LTD company(which I'm a director of) pays me this allowance tax free in my monthly payslip.

Back