Restrictions on headstones in graveyards

There was an article in one of the sunday papers about this today. There are concerns about the safety of some of them because of the height.

Even if there were height restrictions, I am not sure they would be obeyed and would just be put up anyway.

I don't know if you can legislate for taste? Safety maybe, but not taste.

I'm sure if someone wanted to put a plastic 20' purple teddy bear with flashing lights beside one of your loved ones grave, that would be in bad taste.

I believe its is possible to legislate I mean let's face facts here on AMM the mods decide when posters breach the guidelines so why can't simple rules be put in place for something like this.

i think the headstone in question shocking, it stands out completely, but the i also dont think they should be asked to remove it, (unless due to safety standards obviously). no matter what someones taste is, its how they want to mark his final resting place. i would suggest that there are restrictions, for respect out of everyone else in there.
Dunno about everyone else, but i am hoping gravestones, dont become a fashion accessory! everything else in this world is a competition, communions, christenings are all becoming large expensive shows...please dont it be the same for funerals etc.

As someone mentioned, cremation is def an option, there is a place in Ringaskiddy in Cork, and i went for a walk down there one day for my lunch (not usual place for lunch i know) and i was lucky enough to be brought in and given a tour around the facility, it is amazing, couldnt find words to decribe it! cant think of the name sorry!

Back