Researching customer service experiences

I had reason to be in a fast food outlet recently for lunch, the guy queuing beside me ordered a chicken burger meal, got his food went off to sit down, then returned a minute later to say there was no chicken in the burger.

He handed the box over to the girl, she starts talking to a colleague then [with a straight face] asks the guy why he took the chicken out of the burger. They replaced it after more consultation, but I was a bit surprised at her attitude.

I guess she had complete faith in the skills & memory of the 'chef'.

Interesting discussion ... mind you, most of the stories pouring in are about private sector companies. It would be good to hear if anyone has had any personal experience (good/bad) with the customer service side of the public sector.

i have a great story, thought i woed tax but ehwn I rang the revenue they said dont worry about it now thats service!

Thanks for all the stories and pointers to date - building up a pretty good story bank at this stage. Keep them coming - all experiences (good and bad) welcome. Thanks!

Why don't you do a programme on good customer service, it would be a lot easier!
My best (worst) one was also quite funny, happened a couple of weeks ago. Had a call from a guy from Calor Gas, they were surveying customers to see if they had their details right (or something like that). The guy was from Norn Iron, working in a call centre, but he wasn't foreign, just thick. Asked me the name of the town where my supply was, then asked me to spell it. Then asked the county (one of the easy ones) and again asked me to spell it. I had to repeat the spelling a few times; he was getting it wrong. When I said to him that he didn't seem too well up on the names of Irish counties, he told me he never heard of it. Checked him on another county, another easy one, he never heard of it either. I hung up at that stage.
Peanuts and monkeys, that's why we have problems.

Back