Reopening an old account

mimi rogers

Is it possible to reopen an old current account that I had with ACC Bank a few years back? I am not in the Agri Sector. I closed my account with them shortly before ACC Bank changed. I regret closing it. I see that ATM Machines still display the ACC ATM Card. When ACC Bank changed a few years back, did they ask some customers to leave due to this change? Thanks.

Mimi

I don't think that you can open an account that was closed. Otherwise what would closing it mean at all? You could always open a new account with them presumably if you meet any relevant criteria that they stipulate?

They seem to only deal with Agri and Business Customers these days. They deal with Personal Customers yes but only if you are investing lots of money. I just thought that as I did bank with them I could reopen it. In the past I was able to reopen an account with another bank after quite some time...

Mimi

mimi rogers said:
They seem to only deal with Agri and Business Customers these days. They deal with Personal Customers yes but only if you are investing lots of money. I just thought that as I did bank with them I could reopen it. In the past I was able to reopen an account with another bank after quite some time...
Have you asked ACC if you can "reopen" your closed account?

CCOVICH said:
Any particular reason why you want an ACC account?

I would say, why would someone go fot PTSB or AIB? That is just my own choice at the moment. I was just curious. As for ringing them... the banks were closed when I put this question to people here.

Mimi

mimi rogers said:
I would say, why would someone go fot PTSB or AIB?

As ClubMan says, some offer free banking (to a certain extent), and maybe because they are welcoming to those from all backgrounds (not just Agri-business and Corporates). If they don't pariticularly care for your business why give it to them?

My question was also intended to elicit whether or not there was any particular reason (good customer service, favourable interest rates, competitive fees or free banking) that you wanted to join ACC that the rest of us could benefit from?

I see what you mean. I was just curious as to what others might know of ACC Bank now. I have heard some talk of how they changed a few years back. They were the very first bank I joined.

Mimi

Did you call them today now that they are back to work and, if so, what did they say?

did they get back to you yet mimi? i myself wouldn't touch that bank not since that silly changeover of theirs. they should have remained as they were several years ago when they dealt with all types of customers.

Alex.

I am still awaiting a response. I will post the info when I hear back from them, not before as I have none to give yet. I would like to go back to ACC Bank. That's my choice.

Mimi

If you are eager to go back to them then it might make more sense to just give them a call rather than waiting for an emailed reply.

I did ring them but the girl was unsure and that is why I emailed them. I was able to go into greater detail in my email also.

Mimi

They never responded which shows they don't give a toss. Why did ACC go the way that they did a few years back and become a fussy bank? To be honest, I'd much prefer a BOS Account now...

Mimi

Back