Removing Grease on Kitchen Board

IrishGunner

ok another domestic question

All around the kitchen board, especially around the cooker, the grease
looks like its embedded in

Tried everything available in the shops but still sticky

Anyone got any products ideas to remove grease ?

Try a strong solution of washing soda, maybe just enough water added to the crystals to make a thick paste. When you've removed the majority of the gunk try a halved lemon and scrub with it, smells nice too! costs a fraction of those "Mr Muscle " type cleaners

I purchased a product called "Foil" to clean my stanley cooker. Worked a treat. Got it in a hardware shop at the Blackrock Shopping centre.

Wipe it over with white spirit first to soften the grease, then scrub with a good detergent. Or use a steam cleaner if you have it or you can borrow one.

Also common table salt will give a bit of abrasion and is very good for shifting burnt food/ grease etc........

table salt will give a bit of abrasion

Abrasion may not be a good idea in the long term. It may scratch the surfaces and make it harder to clean in the future.

When I say abrasion I mean mild abrasion, Jif (ok CIF) is abrasive but wont harm most surfaces........salt is not very hard so unless you use it on plastics it should cause any problems. But testing on a trial area first probably wouldn't be any harm....

Yes, Diziet is right, white spirit should do the trick. I bought a house that had been rented and the grease had been building up for quite a while. It was all over the kitchen presses, expellair, walls and work surface. The only thing I found worked was white spirit, after trying loads of the usual products, vinegar, lemon etc

Back