Relative (in-law) came into my home & I discovered that they had a dictaphone?

be carefull what your writing here as im sure they could have access to the internet

My daughter is suffering under the strain of it all but they don't seem to care how it impacts her at all and cannot seem to understand that she's not ready to see her father, and are blaming that on me.

Has she said that she doesn't want to see her father or is it you using her against your husband?

Seems alot of drama for something so small
Recordings are not permissable in Courts, end of. As another answerer put it, if there is barring/safety/protection orders in situ, your placing yourself in a very slippy slope by being at your ex partners abode. In effect, if you are that afraid of your ex husband, why be in the same room as him. "the fear of threat/violence".....not the act itself, so if you were in a room full of people, you would still feel fear? would you not?
If they were that concerned about your treatment of the children, they would contact the HSE and proceed with the relevant sections (think its S20/S21), and correctly assess the children, not through a dictaphone, by recording them saying "mammy's mean to me", good god, my son would tell you I shout and him all the time and 'kill' him from time to time....kids words are not adult actions. Let them record you, if you have nothing to hide, and just keep yourself away from situations like that, the in laws, out laws, ex partner......that generally solves any possible disputes.

"Seems alot of drama for something so small" ...

the matter in question wasn't so small in the eyes of the OP.

Back