Regulatory notification - end of contract notification

I just got an annual "Regulatory Notification" from Virgin saying that they have a better package for me to move to.

I am currently out of contract. They are suggesting a better package for me is that to move to a 12 month contract, at the same monthly cost! How can that be in the spirit of the regulation?
Could there be something in the 12 month contract terms and conditions that makes it "better" than the de facto monthly service? E.g. some price guarantee, increased bandwidth/speed, additional services etc.?

On the other hand, I wouldn't be at all surprised if service providers didn't play by the spirit of the regulation either...

No, the service offered was exactly the same, and they regularly impose price increases on customers who are still in contract (although such a price increase releases you from the remaining contract term.).

Got notification from Eir. Contract was out in May but received email saying cpi of €5 was being charged extra from April. I contacted Eir said I want to pay the same as last year and no change to plan. €5 cpi was removed new plan was the same. So far rang 5 times as invoice has been wrong each time.

I do have a life time plan for mobile broadband and received the same cpi email. Must check terms and conditions to see if this is allowed in a life time plan.
Looks like companies are now allowed to increase every year.

Also note the CPI + inflation increase is on the full price and doesn't include the discount.

My Eir bill of €54.98 went up €7 as the increase was put on the full price €105.98.

Annoyed I didn't spot this when signing up....

Also note the CPI + inflation increase is on the full price and doesn't include the discount.

My Eir bill of €54.98 went up €7 as the increase was put on the full price €105.98.

Annoyed I didn't spot this when signing up....
Challenge it. I did Just ask for the €7 to be waved.
Mine is €54.98 per month broad band, anytime local national and uk and EU calls unlimited. For mobile and landline.
They may make an exception. I said I was with them years and wanted the same plan. The agents have an amount they can apply to the account and the manager can wave the increase. Just ask for the same again if you are happy with it. If they say they have to apply the €7 then ask to see if they can chat to their manager and see what happens. I did and I got the same again. You have a 14day cooling off period as well.

Back