Registering Air miles retrospectively

random2011

Does anyone know if you can register air miles after the trip has completed. Recently flew over 10k miles on a trip with Aer Lingus/Cathay Pacific. The Aer Lingus was the shortest leg but I believe there are partnerships between airlines that allow me to register miles. Any tips welcome as I am completely unaware of how best to do this. I may not fly Cathay for some time to come but I will on Aer Lingus and BA for e.g

As a registered member, it is possible to submit recent past flights and have them credited to your account. There used to be a very handy button on the correct page but I can't seem to find it now! However a bit of digging throws up this page
https://www.aerlingusaerclub.com/index.aspx

However, having just read down that page I see this proviso :(
"Please note that Avios points can only be credited to your account for travel completed since the 29th of November 2016, the date of AerClub launch for migrated AerClub members, or from the date of first registration to AerClub, otherwise normal T&Cs apply."

I would still ask them but it looks like you may be excluded on that basis.

Hi,

Usually, the airline give you 6 months to claim your miles retrospectively. As far as I know both Cathay Pacific and Aer Lingus are part of the oneworld alliance as they are owned by BA.

Hope this helps,

Opus 2018.

Aer Lingus isn't part on oneworld anymore. You can still earn points on their partner airlines BA, Quantas and Cathay. I think the partnership with Cathay is ending soon though.

hi Sunny,

Don't you get Avios points on Aer Lingus which go onto a BA card assuming you have one? This happened to me recently when I traveled to the UK and there was no issue. I imagine, the one world thins is superfluous as Aer Lingus is part of the wider group which includes BA.

Thanks for the update on Cathay - they've been part of oneworld for a good while now.

Best,

Opus 2018.

How much does one need to get up in air miles before you get anything back of any value?

Back