Refused right to appeal

I agree; there was an element of premeditation as she went downstairs, got the gun, loaded it, went back upstairs and then shot her husband.
There is no way on earth a man would be acquitted of murder in the same circumstances.
Did the Judge say that Joe O’Reilly should get a lenient sentence because he has small children to look after? Indeed, will he ever get custody of his children again?
Is a woman who kills her husband with a shotgun after a drinking binge now regarded as a suitable parent?

It is interesting to note the difference in media reporting of female murder-suicide cases (tragedy/illness angle) and male murder-suicide cases (evil nasty father angle).

It is interesting to note the difference in media reporting of female murder-suicide cases (tragedy/illness angle) and male murder-suicide cases (evil nasty father angle).

Interesting thread. Can someone direct me to some examples of this difference in reporting ? I would have hoped (perhaps in vain) that the facts would prevent a news story straying too far from the truth.