Refund possible on Ryanair flight that is one of the few still flying?

Protocol

I apologise if my query has been asked and/or answered already.

Flight is FR flight DUB-EDI on Sunday 5-Apr 12:35, and then return later, and it is one of those few flights that is still operating!!!

We have not received any e-mail about refunds.

Clearly, the five of us can't go.

But the flight is not cancelled.

So what is the story? We can postpone to a future date, with no change fee, I get that.

But no hope of a refund?

I really appreciate any reply.

hi Protocol

Have you tried changing the flight?

Go to My Bookings and you should be able to change it for a flight in a month's time.

Brendan

Yes, it is possible to change the dates.

A month's time? You are optimistic.

As a party of five, we are constrained by work and school dates, etc.

I rang the Call Centre a few times this morning.

Short answer from call agents = No refund as flight not cancelled

We will change the dates to much later.

A month's time? You are optimistic.

Not particularly.

You can change the flight to a later date and then change it again.

I was going to an exhibition in Ghent which is scheduled to finish at the end of April. So I changed my flights to late April.

I would expect it will still be closed then, so I will change again.

Brendan

@Protocol Do you have travel insurance? Since the DFA have advised against all non-essential travel overseas you may be able to not travel and claim the money back from them.

No, I lost faith in it years ago when what I thought was a reasonable claim was refused.

My wife wanted me to buy it for this trip, but I didn't have it in place in time.

DFA have advised against (not banned) non essential overseas travel and the flight is still scheduled to fly therefore you have no hope of a refund. Your only choice seems to be a change of flight to a later date.

We are in a kind of similar position but our outbound flight is cancelled but the return is still on schedule.
Don't know how we can return if we can't get out there in the first place

How about changing the flight to something that will be cancelled if the period extends? Would you get a refund then?

Back