Red / White Deel Flooring ?

Y

yogie

Hi

I am currently building a house. My builder has started putting down the floorboards upstairs. WE agreed he would put down red deel as opposed to white deel flooring.
ONe of the floors is complete and it looks great however I am a little concerned as to whether or not he actually used red deel.
How will i know the difference between red/ white deel flooring ??
Yogie

Why did you ask for red DEAL in the first place?
Are you sure you know what the expression means?

It can be difficult to differentiate between some "white deals" (European whitewood) and "red deals" (European redwood). Generally white deal is pale, very light straw in colour and is soft with annual growth rings not very close together- this timber is fast growing and consequently only has a resistance to wear and decay.

Red deal has a very light pink or honey colour with distintive darker growth rings, which are closer together. A cross section thro' a red deal timber section will show up these growth rings and this makes red deal quite distinctive. When cut red deal also has a more distinctive aromatic smell due to the more resinous nature of the timber. It is moderately more wear and decay resistant than white deal, machines better and is the preferred choice for internal softwood joinery on account of this.

If in doubt about the timber used you could ask to see an invoice for the materials used.

Back