Recommended websites for hotel bookings?

Re: Cannot recollect the name ?

http://www.venere.com (www.venere.com) is excellent. Does exactly as it says...........

I've used venere as well, several times, never had a bad experience with them. Heartily recommend them....

Uncorked,
certainly helps when deciding which hotel to book, but only after the overly glowing reviews by certain individuals(the hotel manager for instance!) have been ignored.
I think www.hotelscomparison.com covers most if not all of the sites you listed.

True, I take your point. However when I carried out a search for the hotel I used in the previous example using hotelcomparison.com I got zero results even though as you say many of the hotels are the same.

Re: Cannot recollect the name ?

are very good and seem to be cheaper than other websites.

I tried hotelcomparison too and came up with zilch when I named an actual hotel that I had previously used. however when I just named the district in the city where the hotel was it had no bother finding it and dozens of others. only thing to watch for was that the quotes are in euros but when you go to the actual hotel its in sterling and the most basic room price is the one quoted first time around. which is fair enough and overall I would say its a brilliant search site.

I have used www.needahotel.com a few times and found the online service good. I also had to call them to make a change and found the customer service to be very good.

I tried the hotelcomparison site again last night for a few days in fuerteventura and thought I had died and gone to heaven. 4 nights all inclusive for a 4* hotel for two was around €260. €130 each. Dinner, lunch , breakfast in a 4 star hotel for less than €50 per day. wonder was it for real, but it certainly looked for real. Messy: I too have used needahotel on a few occasions and found it good. Ryanair have now dropped it but think A/L are now using it. an hotel in feurteventura with them that was breakfast included was around €450 but with hotelcomparison the same hotel half board was under €300.

www.accorhotels.com

This French company run hundreds of hotels under various brands in many countries.

From low price Formule 1 and Etap hotels, to Ibis hotels, on to Mercure and Novotel, to the top class Sofitel.

I find trip avisor brilliant for reviews although I often find that best deals are often done directly with the hotels. One large site to avoid at all costs is EXPEDIA.COM They are the absolute pits as I found out to my cost.

got the menlo park hotel in galway last saturday with breakfast for two for under €80. €40 each for a nice hotel ,good breakfast. have been charged a lot more for bed and breakfast in galway before. hotelscomparison for the hard bit and then octopus for the actual booking.

Back