Recommended project value of pension?

EVGR

Is there such a thing as a thumb of rule of recommended project value at the time of retirement? A sum I should aim at?

Also, I'm wondering if bank advisors get commission when I sign up for a specific fund or savings account? Would they rather recommend me a fund than to pay off a loan or mortgage, so that that bankman willl earn commission?

Is there such a thing as a thumb of rule of recommended project value at the time of retirement? A sum I should aim at?

The Pensions Board have this useful calculator which might help you.

Also, I'm wondering if bank advisors get commission when I sign up for a specific fund or savings account? Would they rather recommend me a fund than to pay off a loan or mortgage, so that that bankman willl earn commission?

Many banks are tied agents for one life assurance company. So their "financial advisors" are are on commission if you buy a pension product from the company to which they are tied. Like any tied agent, they will only offer you products of one company. I don't think there's any commission in it for a bank official to encourage you to pay down your mortgage.

Back