Recommendations for best 3rd level bank account

Sue Ellen

Moderator.
Excuse me if this question has been asked before but just wondering if people have recommendations for above.

Son will start college in Sept. and bank have advised that he needs to change his type of account. This seems like ideal time therefore to consider other options.

Have had a look at different types and most of them seem similar except for gimmicks like €50 mobile free credit (terms and conditions as usual).

Any preferences/advice?

Thanks.

When I started college I opened a few bank accounts (AIB, Ulster Bank and BOI) just to get the free stuff - not sure if you can still do this. I stuck with the AIB one as there was a branch convenient to college.

NIB's [broken link removed]ain't bad; even if they don't have a branch on-campus he should be able to use his Laser card in any other ATM. Enquire in branch about the T&Cs of the fee-and-interest-free overdraft facility...

No connection to NIB, other than that I use their free current a/c and find it excellent.

I would not recommend AIB in Monaghan for any bank account, based on personal experience of totally incompetent staff.

Back