Recommend MP3 for GYM etc

• Thread starter SteelBlue05
  • Start date
Has to be an ipod shuffle. Tiny, yet incredibly easy to use which is perfect for changing tunes on the run. ITunes is a fantastically easy and reliable piece of software, which allows you to manage the music on your ipod in a very user-friendly fashion. If there is one thing I have learned from other digital music players, it is that if the software is badly designed you may as well leave the player in the box. ipod shuffle is next to indestructible also.

I wouldn't buy it on the basis of a fictional warranty if I were you:

[broken link removed]
Dunno about Aldi in the UK, but my local Aldi happily refunded an (unopened) 2GB memory card because, well over a month after buying it, I discovered that the camera I'd intended it for use with — a Christmas present bought early — only took cards up to 1GB. There was no onus on them to accept it back, let alone refund me as they did.

I once had to return a (20GB) mp3 player to Lidl when it developed an intermittent fault about 15 months into warranty. I'd contacted the manufacturer (Medion) by email and described the problem; they replied within a day, advised me to return it to the store for a refund, and within 5 minutes of showing my receipt I had the cash in my hand.

I've never found either Lidl or Aldi to be anything but 'no-quibble' about returning stuff — even without the receipt, once! — but maybe I just have a nice way of asking... ;)

It probably is out of your price range and you need to buy the additional wrist strap but I bought a Nano so I could I use it with Nike + Sports.

Its fab, counts calories, distance, power songs etc..
Just seen new functionality which tell you where you can run around Dublin which I will be checking out soon

For someone like me that needs exercise motivation its working in the right direction!

Back