Recommend MP3 for GYM etc

• Thread starter SteelBlue05
  • Start date
S

SteelBlue05

Anyone recommend an MP3 player that has a wrist strap so I can use it while running and at the GYM? Only need 512MB (around €100).....
I cant find any with a wrist strap...

TarfHead said:
My CREATIVE Muvo TX FM 512 MB came with a wrist strap.

Is it a "loose" strap where the player will be bouncing around as you run or is it tight onto your wrist? Basically I'd like it to be like a watch on your wrist, no movement.....

Elasticated velcro is the best description I can give it. You pull it tight and fasten it off as it suits you.

And it's more suited to the upper arm than wrist. At that position, there's less movement. Also, the device has flash memory which means it can tolerate that type of movement. Without wishing to start a storm of debate, I believe that a hard disk based unit, such as an iPod, would deteriorate if used in such a fashion.

[broken link removed]looks like a good option for the gym or jogging as it has flash memory and comes with an armband.

That looks good value. Would need to upgrade the earphones (from picture shown) to ones that stay in while ure running!
R

I just noticed that that player (like other German-branded ones I've seen in Lidl/Aldi) has a smaller-than-standard 2.5mm earphone socket (the usual is 3.5mm), which may limit your choice of replacement earphones, unless you're prepared to do a little 'surgery'.

The latest Argos catalogue supplement has a few similar players on special offer, but none supplied with an armband. Then again, how hard is it to adapt a wrist sweatband to make up an elasticated strap for something like splashproof player? (£19.99 in Newry, €60.49 in Dundalk — Grrrrr! )

Em the aldi player comes with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor.The strap is very good it tightens on to the wrist/upper arm.

I cheated a bit Dr Moriarty,two of my children have them.The first thing changed were the headphones!! The kids are delighted with them;great battery life and easy to use.I use windows media player without any difficulty.

€80 is pretty good value, all right, especially with a quibble-free 3-year guarantee. I'd buy it myself, only my wife and kids reckon I already have more than enough mp3 players for a man of my age — it'd be the final straw if I arrived home with another one strapped to my forearm, jogger-style...

They're bloody addictive alright You could say its in the course of research(or have you used that excuse already)

Def a shuffle. Fab for gym. I think itunes have special gym tunes you can download based on beat per minute too

Shuffle: 1GB, no radio, 1-year warranty — €89
Aldi player: 2GB, with radio, 3-year warranty — €79