Recent Break-In

Food for thought and thanks to all.

I hate the thought of having to get rid of car (only have it about 2 months) but we will see what happens.

Sorry to hear about this intrusion. It is best to leave keys of cars, handbags, in close proximity to hallway....I would prefer they take those than get violent.

An old lady said to me only recently......and don't know how true it is....but I am passing it on for what it is worth: as we were talking about a break in in the small village where I live......she said " you should get a friend of yours to buy you an angel (statuette) and put it in the hallway to give you protection. This is an old saying and it works"...... don't laugh, but hey you never know. As it happens, I got a present of an angel many years ago and it is in my hallway.....so far so good!! And a few houses near me have been broken into over the years!

Sorry to hear about this intrusion. It is best to leave keys of cars, handbags, in close proximity to hallway....I would prefer they take those than get violent.

An old lady said to me only recently......and don't know how true it is....but I am passing it on for what it is worth: as we were talking about a break in in the small village where I live......she said " you should get a friend of yours to buy you an angel (statuette) and put it in the hallway to give you protection. This is an old saying and it works"...... don't laugh, but hey you never know. As it happens, I got a present of an angel many years ago and it is in my hallway.....so far so good!! And a few houses near me have been broken into over the years!
Get a friend to buy you a large dog instead...

I'd think seriously about an alarm.

100% agree. I have a wireless alarm with window sensors, internal sensors and panic button. Alarm boxes on outside of house, front and back and (touch wood) have never had a problem. I also have 2 small dogs which would probably lick and cuddle a burglar to death!! In saying that, I'm fairly confident they'd let me know if someone was around.

My sister has no alarm and lives near enough to me in a more remote (but in theory, safer) area and had her house ransacked last year while her little dog was at home. Lots of stuff taken but she was just glad that no one (including doggie!) was hurt! She had an alarm installed straight away and no problems since!

Back