Really Thin Curtain Poles

MissRibena

Hi everyone

I'm looking for curtain poles to put up really light curtain/voiles which are really short. What I'm thinking of is about 5 or 6 mm in diameter. The narrowest I can find (tenson rods really) so far are 10mm. The windows are small so anything thicker will look way out of proportion and anything too unsightly is out because I want to make a feature out of it.

I thought of maybe wood dowl but would have to come up with some way of fixing it to the window. Does anyone know a ready-made solution?

Rebecca

Habitat sell a tension wire curtain pole. I don't know the diameter but they are a wire so very thin. Alse reasonable priced - approx 2 metre is €20 or so.

HTH

Probably a stupid idea but bamboo cane springs to mind which could be held in place with cup hooks?

This previous thread on Curtain Poles may be worth a read.

Some of the curtain suppliers mentioned in this thread also supply poles so they may be able to give you some advice.

5mm is pretty small. if there is any weight at all on a 5mm length of material and the overall width is long you could have issues....

Thanks a mil both of you.

The bamboo idea is not a million miles away from what I thought of with my dowl idea. I might investigate if I can just buy it. The bamboo might look a bit "rough".

I like the wire idea too. I'm off to have a look at the Habitat website now.

Thanks again
Rebecca

Back