Raheny/Killester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and actually the house we are going to see is very close to bayside dart station

ah yeah i know the place. yeah just read the other post there about it. what the other poster said was spot on. the shops are a little run down alright but nothing bad about them. is the supervalu still there? as for the dart, i never found anyone to be hanging around there to late at night. i think most people have thoughts about it cos its not the best lit place in the world. to be honest you are always going to get some small amount of vandalism happening wherever you go. it would be same in ennafort at harmonstown station if you used that. people are more frightened by the lack of light in the laneway than anything else me thinks. sutton park would have the better advantage of being closer to the sea, but then again ennafort is closer to st. annes park which is huge and some of it beside the sea.

toss a coin and see what it decides for you:D

burger1979 thanks a mil, it may come down to a toss of the coin the way its going. Once we go start seeing the actual houses properly in both areas it may become clearer. I prefer sutton park at the moment and hubby prefers raheny slightly so it will be interesting to see how it pans out when we start viewing.

Really appreciate the feedback, thanks again!

have a look at www.thepropertypin.com and type 'sutton park' in quotes into the search box and you will be amazed at the amounts the houses there have dropped by, there's also a huge price gap between one house in sutton park @495k and the other 4 houses on sale there @595k

dereko69, we are going to see that 495k house actually and I had noticed the big gap between that and the other properties. Hopefully they will also follow suit! Thanks though !

I've come across this topic a bit late in the day, and I'm a bit surprised by the tone. I've lived in Brookwood for many years. It's by far the best area of Artane for location (prices reflect this) and there's zero difference with Ennafort. Take my word for it - I was born and bred in clontarf, and even as a card-carrying rugby man i love it (and yes, I've lived in Raheny too, which can be overrated and has plenty of old council bits) and also in Killester, which i've mixed opinions about. Brookwood is right next door to my Clontarf haunts, and it's priced better and great for the dart over to my job on teh southside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back