Quality of our roads

P

piggy

Anyone know who I could complain to in relation to road quality? I presume it's Dublin County Council? I drive over the East Link every day now and the quality of the roads (particularly from Sandymount to Clontarf) is an absolute disgrace. There are places around 'The Point' where there are great big craters in the road. Not just pot holes but craters!

Also, recently they've put down some speed ramps on Orwell road. Although I don't object to speed ramps in general, these are very badly designed, with some sort of a dip at either side and a lip back up onto the road so that no matter how slowly you drive over them you can hear your car clunking over them. It's very annoying and cannot be good for my car.

Anyway, I'd like put my complaint in writing, so if anyone can provide me with the relevant link I'd appreciate it.

Not sure who exactly to complain to but down the country we have a county Roads Manager within the co. council. I'd assume Dublin would have the equivalent.

Try this.

Deputy City Engineer (Road Maintenance & Public Lighting): Brian Callagy, Tel: 672 2579

[broken link removed]

Just to comment - what sort of Asphalt/tarmac is used on the roads? I drive to the North very regulary and the quality of the road surfaces up there are of a much superior standard than those here, even on the smaller B class roads. New surfaces on roads here don't seem to last at all and potholes are allowed to develop and become a real hazard.

It can't be the cash, as Norn Iron get the fraction of the budget than is distributed down here.

Perhaps the maintenance is better, perhaps they don't cut corners?

Back