Pub Crawl with a difference

sarahfleming

Hi,

Organising a social night at work and want to do something similar to the 12 pubs of christmas but with christmas gone...has anybody any ideas on how this could be adapted or to do a pub crawl with a difference

Pub Golf - 18 hole or 9 hole, different drinks in all 18 or 9 pubs!

Rules here:

[broken link removed]

Pub crawl featuring pubs with the names of all the people on the crawl i.e. Kelly's bar, O'Hanlons etc.?

Obviously would work better in Dublin than say Moate.

Better too if there is no-one called Nakzynski or Ndikumana in the group for example.

Actually, in fairness, the whole thing isn't a great idea really.

Hey! Why not do the Axminster crawl? You just stock up, invite a few healthy souls (with a psychological thirst) around. No need to go out in the freezing cold. And Hey Presto .......... a few enjoyable hours and you're there!

And it started off so well!

Pre Luas we used do the dart pub crawl

Bray, used do killiney but pub is closed, Dalkey Dun Laoghaire Blackrock Booterstown
then it got blurry

with the Luas now even more scope!

Do a Recession Crawl.

Target pubs that have special offers or have names that are meaningful to a recession (like perhaps The Bankers)

You could always do the Literary pub crawl, you just turn up and it's all organised, the actors who do it are very good.

Why not try the Quays. Start of at Tara street train station and work your way up to Parliament St. Then cross over and work your way back down to O Connell St. That is of course if you are in Dublin.

Any pub crawl I have ever been on lasts about four pubs. With a few drinks down ye, ye will be less inclined to put on the jackets and head out into the cold for yet another walk.

No good for your crawl, but one of the most interesting ones I was on was in London. We jumped on the tube and jumped off at random, we then had to enter the nearest pub. Great craic but got hairy in places.

We have a great thing in cork called the Barrack Street Bender - could be adapted to any street (assuming it has a few pubs on it!). You get you and your group to the first pub on the st (or in the case of Barack St it's up a steep hill, tip, when on hills start at the TOP and work down!!!) and the simple rules are... you must have one drink in every place, you only stay in the place as long as that one drink lasts. You'll soon find yourself staggering into wierd little bars you've never seen before and traumatising the regulars!! The major night we did the bender, other friends etc. joined us during the evening so the whole thing snowballed on our drinking journey downhill, by time we hit the bottom we had gone from about 10 to 30 people!

How about pubs that used to be other things? The Church, The Bank, Fireworks, The Schoolhouse...

Hi,

Organising a social night at work and want to do something similar to the 12 pubs of christmas but with christmas gone...has anybody any ideas on how this could be adapted or to do a pub crawl with a difference
Is this a company sponsored outing? Or a company-approved social club?

I don't mean to be a killjoy, but I'm not sure that it's a great idea to organise an event that (by its very nature) involves drinking an unhealthy amount of alcohol.

Disgusting behaviour! Could you please let me know when you've organised the next one. How much should I bring etc.

I don't mean to be a killjoy, but I'm not sure that it's a great idea to organise an event that (by its very nature) involves drinking an unhealthy amount of alcohol.

I'm inclined to agree...OP, why not do something that DOESN'T put money in publicans pockets? For anyone who doesn't drink, this sort of thing is painful.

Its a not a requirement to drink an unhealthy amount of alcohol up to the individuals themselves ! I went on a pub crawl a while ago and we all had a questionaire about the pubs to fill out e.g. how many tiles on the stags head roof etc and the winners got a prize ! It was good fun !

It was only a matter of time before the tut tut brigade tried to spoil the fun with their sensible talk.