PTSB PTSB - on expiry of fixed rate, tracker rate not specified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still up in the air. I haven't had an update from Padric Kissane who I am with for a while but I believe he is still actively working on it...

Hi folks

Hoping for some advice, we took a PTSB mortgage in 2004. I don't remember getting offered a tracker and they can't find the original offer letter. This mortgage was fixed for 1 year. when we went to renew again in 2005 we got a letter which only offered us the variable rate and 5 fixed rate options - no mention of a tracker rate. Do we have a case

Hi folks

Hoping for some advice, we took a PTSB mortgage in 2004. I don't remember getting offered a tracker and they can't find the original offer letter. This mortgage was fixed for 1 year. when we went to renew again in 2005 we got a letter which only offered us the variable rate and 5 fixed rate options - no mention of a tracker rate. Do we have a case

Similar here. Fixed for 1year in 05/06. They turned my wife and i away saying we were to early to discuss options. We defaulted as we've learned in the last couple of years due to an error as to where they were sending letters.

My wife and i received all our information back from the bank and we found letters we never got and also didnt see any copies of letters we sent in.

We never got an options letter or notice of any kind we were about to default.

In the information we had recieved, there was a reply letter stating we would ( or should have been, ) offered a tracker at some point but never we never got that. We were offered an apology.

My wife knows the details in and out. And were going to court. Our solicitor believes we have a case, so we'll take it.

If you had issues with the bank and have letters asking questions or made a complaint it may be worth getting your mortgage information to see if theres holes in their story.

It's a big undertaking, but if you know something is wrong its at least worth a look.

If I recall correctly the deadline has passed, so your likely to be going against the current. I didnt get any help here myself.

You may well be on your own.

Thanks DaveEvan, sounds pretty horrendous, hope you got it all sorted in the end. I am more hopeful than expectant, i only got rid of all our PTSB documentation a year or so ago as we switched to BOI in in 2012, have asked PTSB to send everything out,

Hi folks

I don't think ptsb offered trackers in 2004 and there is no obligation to offer one in subsequent years.

To have any hope of a tracker you have to show entitlement in some printed form.

Hi, how long after a Dispute Resolution Officer from FSPO assigned to case should I expect the phone call from them?

Suz

There really is no answer to this question.

The Ombudsman is swamped.

And there is a pandemic so everything is up in the air.

It could be three months or it could be longer.

If you had someone appointed 3 months ago and have not heard from them, you could call or email and ask for an update.

Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back