ptsb cuts mortgage rates - existing customers can now avail of new business rates

Brendan Burgess

Founder
SVR down by .55% from 4.5 to 3.95%

MVRs (Managed Variable Rates) down -

REduction in 3 and 5 year fixed rates

Bizarrely the press statement does not tell us what the new rates are.

Attachments

• PTSB Rates Announcement 29th July 2020 Final.pdf
    200.7 KB · Views: 360
ptsb will continue to discriminate against existing customers who have mortgages in excess of €250k

They will not be able to avail of the new 2.5% rate for new customers borrowing over that amount.

Brendan

Thanks for posting that, Brendan. It looks like some of the <€250K fixed rates are actually increasing for new customers.
And the bank will reduce fixed rates for all existing customers to rates as low as 2.95% for a 3 year fixed term, ...
The same fixed rates for new mortgages up to €250,000 made available to all existing customers
Currently 3 year fixed rates range from 2.8% to 2.9% for new <€250K mortgages.

Here are the ptsb rates

Fixed Rates

New and Existing Customers

Term
New & Existing
2 Yr
<90%​
3.10%​
3 Yr
<90%​
2.95%​
5 Yr
<90%​
3.00%​
7 Yr
<90%​
3.00%​

Fixed Rates

High Value (>€250,000) New Customers

Term
New & Existing
3 Yr
<80%​
2.50%​
5 Yr
<80%​
2.55%​

Variable Rates

Hi, I've a high end mortgage and can't switch. I'm with permanent tsb. After the tracker scandal I was giving the option to move to a 3.25%
residential tracker mortgage. This is what I'm on now. I rang Permanent tsb last week to see if there was any better rates and was offered
a 3year fixed rate at 2.95%.
Would this be a wise move?

Last edited:
If u are an existing PTSB customer on s fixed rate, high value mortgage, could u move to one of these lower 3 or 5 year fixed rates without being hit with a break fee. I think I read somewhere was it that Ulster Bank permitted people to do this without penalty.

Or is there always a penalty?

Back