Prsi and hearing aids

I was told that the "hearing aid" industry in Ireland is not regulated. Apparently the Specsavers spiel is that they are regulated by the NHS and as a result they have NHS standards in Ireland. How have people found Specsavers for hearing aids?

Op be warned that even the best hearing aids costing between 4500 euros and 5000 euros are not going to make your hearing perfect. Its not like glasses whereby you are out of focus and then when you put on your glasses, in focus perfectly. Hearing has to do with how the brain processes the sound as much as the sound itself.

I had hearing aids when young and they were useless. My father bought hearing aids for 4,700 about three or four years ago and returned them within the two month window because they were simply not good enough. I have a relative in the uk who got them free from the NHS who never wears them because they are terrible.

I just want to warn you to not expect them to be perfect, which is what you would expect given you are forking out so much for them.

I was told that the "hearing aid" industry in Ireland is not regulated. Apparently the Specsavers spiel is that they are regulated by the NHS and as a result they have NHS standards in Ireland. How have people found Specsavers for hearing aids?
A family member had a great experience with Specsavers for hearing aids. It was their second set of hearing aids, and they found them to be much better suited, and much easier to adjust or tune.

Are you happy with your hearing aids. ?
Wondering has anyone any recommendations /suggestions about hearing aids and suppliers, in particular if its worth going for the free ones or otherwise using the grant against cost of more expensive ones. Anyone using in the ear aids as opposed to over the ear aids .
Also information on rechargeable verses buying batteries.
Have over the ear hearing aids for the past 6 years. Dont feel they improve my hearing sufficiently. Also hearing has probably disimproved and now one not working. Last set cost about 4600.
Feel it's impossible to compare prices etc but was thinking of maybe trying two different suppliers to see what they recommend so paying one for hearing test and recommendations and getting a free hearing test from another supplier.
Would I be crazy to do that.
Any thoughts or advice welcome.

Are you happy with your hearing aids. ?
Wondering has anyone any recommendations /suggestions about hearing aids and suppliers, in particular if its worth going for the free ones or otherwise using the grant against cost of more expensive ones. Anyone using in the ear aids as opposed to over the ear aids .
Also information on rechargeable verses buying batteries.
Have over the
Hi. I fell for the Free Trial ad by Hidden Hearing as my wife has been pestering me for years about my hearing. So, I filled in the form and was immediately contacted and told I would need an appointment with the Audiologist and that my wife should accompany me(for part of the hearing test).

Anyway, the 'free trial' device is a clunky old fashioned hearing aid. However, the up to date model was very good. It costs €5,400, less 20% discount and less €1,000 prsi. He could check my eligibility instantly. Free batteries and 4 year warranty. I'm happy enough but, for me, the main difference is I can turn the TV down 3 notches and pair the aids with my phone for listening to music or watching YouTube without disturbing the wife. Also, my phonecalls play direct into the ear.

Pricey but good equipment. Downside is I can hear every creak and crackle from me and the doors in the house.

Hi. I fell for the Free Trial ad by Hidden Hearing as my wife has been pestering me for years about my hearing. So, I filled in the form and was immediately contacted and told I would need an appointment with the Audiologist and that my wife should accompany me(for part of the hearing test).

Anyway, the 'free trial' device is a clunky old fashioned hearing aid. However, the up to date model was very good. It costs €5,400, less 20% discount and less €1,000 prsi. He could check my eligibility instantly. Free batteries and 4 year warranty. I'm happy enough but, for me, the main difference is I can turn the TV down 3 notches and pair the aids with my phone for listening to music or watching YouTube without disturbing the wife. Also, my phonecalls play direct into the ear.

Pricey but good equipment. Downside is I can hear every creak and crackle from me and the doors in the house.
I have heard one or two good reviews about hidden hearing.
My current provider a local shop has told me the free ones won't be good enough for me but I was wondering if it's just a sales pitch. Someone recently told me they got in the ear ones free so not clunky but last time when I was going to buy in the ear ones they didn't suit as my ear canal was too small.
Interesting about phonecards in your ear cos I currently have to have my phone on loud apeaker for sll calls which is a nuisance if out snd about.
Thanks for your reply

Back