'Prime Time' highlighting pilot fatigue

, as someone already said, we'll continue the great experiment until it reaches the inevitable conclusion.

I don't really understand what you are getting at here. Are you suggesting that if, God forbid, Easyjet, Aer Lingus or Ryanair had a fatal crash today, that air travel, as we know it, would cease? I really doubt this. Look at how many fatal train crashes there have been in Europe in the past 30 years and you will see that travelling by rail is much more dangerous than travelling by air. This hasn't had much of an effect on people's appetites for trail travel.

Lets just agree to disagree then, as someone already said, we'll continue the great experiment until it reaches the inevitable conclusion.
Thats the only way people EVER listen.

At least I know that ME and MY FAMILY won't be victims.

The only way you know for sure that you and your family won't become victims is by never flying at all. There are numerous reasons why I wouldn't travel Ryanair but have to say that safety isn't one of them. Wasn't a BA pilot charged a few months back with being drunk while in charge of a plane (and he wasn't reported by his colleagues in the cockpit).

Can't believe I am defending Ryanair! Michael O'Leary must have me brainwashed!

Are you suggesting that if, God forbid, Easyjet, Aer Lingus or Ryanair had a fatal crash today, that air travel, as we know it, would cease?

Originally posted by Sunny
The only way you know for sure that you and your family won't become victims is by never flying at all. There are numerous reasons why I wouldn't travel Ryanair but have to say that safety isn't one of them.

Good for you Sunny. Right choice - whatever your reason.

Yes, all flying carries risk.
So does crossing the road.
Crossing on the green light at a Pedestrian Crossing carries somewhat less risk.
That's called RISK MANAGEMENT.

I practice RISK MANAGEMENT when I choose who I fly with.
Ryanair is just ONE of several airlines on my NO FLY list.

Any company which is constantly at war with its staff, pursues them in Court regularly, fires them without due process, pushes them to the limits of their endurance, bullies, brags and lies, and has a CEO who rants like a thug on TV - would be on my NO FLY list.

No company with that kind of internal dynamic can truly be safe, since IMHO no CULTURE of safety can exist in such conditions.

Korean
Onur Air
Air China
Bangladesh Biman (Bankrupt and faltering)
VARIG (bankrupt and faltering)
Pretty much any African airline, but especially Nigerian Airways.

And all of this lot: http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air/safety/doc/flywell/2006_06_20_regulation_910_en.pdf
They're all BANNED from EU airspace anyhow.

The list varies from time to time. Any company with serious money problems or aggressive anti-staff attitudes is high risk. It would perhaps be easier to list those I WILL fly with than those I won't.
Major Western carriers with good training, good staff relations and good reputations - are generally safe.
I tend to stick to them and leave the cheap seats to the risk takers.

Safe flying!