Price Of Tyres/Wheel Balancing

I paid €40 for just the balancing of 4 tyres recently in Advanced Pitstop!
I think this is excessive for 30 minutes work! And I'm not a satisfied customer, as I still have vibrations @ 120 Kmp/h.

I paid €40 for just the balancing of 4 tyres recently in Advanced Pitstop!
I think this is excessive for 30 minutes work! And I'm not a satisfied customer, as I still have vibrations @ 120 Kmp/h.

take car back not properly done

This was Advanced second attempt to balance them, I've lost faith in them at this stage!!! I'll bring it somewhere that has pride in their work!
Any suggestions out there? In the Dublin area and would travel North to get this done if needs be!

It may not be the balancing of the wheels. After all, it's not done by eye.

I would suggest getting your ball joints checked as it's either one of those or a control arm/bent wishbone.

premium wheel balancing costs

firstly it doesn't take 30 seconds to balance a tyre and wheel.
using the proper haweka system it takes say 5 minutes to find and attach flange plate.then the inside of the wheel MUST be cleaned on the flat side and on the cone side.then the wheel must be fastened via the flange plate through the wing nut.once the tyre is fitted it must be optimized that mean heavy part of tyre to light side of rim.tehn it must ne weighted. then the wheel must be torque back onto car now all that take more then 30 seconds.if you feel you can do it in that time and do a proper job you stand no chance. hope this helps.

This smells off a rip off to me, Wheel balancing is usually only done on the front two wheels ,though I always get them to do all 4 so I can swap the tyres around to get even wear. Kwik fit (name has changed now I Think) will not charge extra for this, You just pay what they quote for the tyre.
It is literally a 30 sec job to balance a wheel .

I got a pair of Hankook 215/70/16 Fitted/balanced/disposal of old tyres and a splash and dash at McDonagh tyre centre in Crolly West Donegal for €215 all in. No connection, just happy to reccomend a good inexpensive local service.

People seem to think getting the wheels balanced is the way to fit new tyres and off you go coz it's included in the price. There's a huge difference in getting the wheels balanced and the wheels tracked and aligned, but some tyre outlets are letting people believe that balancing is "the job". €50 to get the wheels tracked and aligned is not dear by any means.

Back