Prep as Executor before Death

Is this a bit drastic? There would be a number of shares for UK? She would have shared in non-Irish companies, some would be UK companies with UK share registrars. Is there a way to simplify how shares will be sold in time? She would only hold shares in 10-12 companies, Irish, UK mostly.

Well based on my experience, I'm going for UK probate and then Jersey probate - the latter for Experian shares. The estate shares were all certificated which meant they could not be sold online. If you have US shares I'd definitely sell them soon, I hear the US authorities can be a nightmare to deal with re probate.

Is this a bit drastic? There would be a number of shares for UK? She would have shared in non-Irish companies, some would be UK companies with UK share registrars. Is there a way to simplify how shares will be sold in time? She would only hold shares in 10-12 companies, Irish, UK mostly.
I agree, when my Dad passed away I had to deal with a UK base share register, it was a doddle to be honest. US can be far more paper driven and time-consuming in my own experience

Hi David. Perhaps, but you would need UK probate if the shares are certificated. You might get away without UK probate if you get them transferred to an online service will the owner is still alive. I'm dealing with shares in the UK and Jersey and need probate for both. Selling them is still an issue as different registrars seem to take different approaches - Equian said no problem once I sent them the probate and the certs, they sent me some cheques very quickly. Computershare in the UK said they could do nothing for me post Brexit, so I had to get the shares transferred into my name, now im trying to sell them through an irish broker

Hi David. Perhaps, but you would need UK probate if the shares are certificated. You might get away without UK probate if you get them transferred to an online service will the owner is still alive. I'm dealing with shares in the UK and Jersey and need probate for both. Selling them is still an issue as different registrars seem to take different approaches - Equian said no problem once I sent them the probate and the certs, they sent me some cheques very quickly. Computershare in the UK said they could do nothing for me post Brexit, so I had to get the shares transferred into my name, now im trying to sell them through an irish broker
Hi homer911,
I'm in a similar situation looking to get a grant of probate in the UK and Jersey. Do you mind me asking who did you use for the UK and Jersey grants and how much did they charge?

Hi homer911,
I'm in a similar situation looking to get a grant of probate in the UK and Jersey. Do you mind me asking who did you use for the UK and Jersey grants and how much did they charge?
PM sent, not sure if I can mention names on this site..

Back