Post A Quote Thread

odyssey06

Kicking off a thread for interesting or witty or profound quotes people stumble upon.

This one seems rather apt for AAM.

"You don't know someone until you've been on holiday with them or shared an inheritance."
- Edward Enfield

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it"
Dunno who said it.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams.

My all time favourite quote is from the great Charlie Chaplin; "A day without laughter is a day wasted".

"Google can find anything on the internet, Microsoft can't find anything on my PC"

"If you have nothing good to say, say nothing": Mammy Beag (although I suspect she may have plagiarised it!)

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." Richard Cook

"Would Brexit have been such a complete shambles if a man had been PM?" Purple*

*I am aware that some scholars continue to contest the validity of this attribution.

From today's Dail committee meeting with Sport Ireland's John Treacy...
Mr Treacy was asked repeatedly if he had confidence in the FAI board, and dodged the question a number of times, before being told: “It’s a yes or no question.”
He replied: “Well, I’m not saying yes.”

Have to remember that one...

The question is why did Treacy have to be repeatedly asked?

(Of course, if there were more (any?) women on the Board, these problems wouldn't have arisen!! Opinion Piece at any Irish media outlet)

Last edited:
"Would Brexit have been such a complete shambles if a man had been PM?" Purple*

*I am aware that some scholars continue to contest the validity of this attribution.
I don't think a female PM would have been stupid enough to have the referendum in the first place.

Sure - the incumbent has demonstrated such intelligence and political acumen in her premiership! :D

Back