Portugal

I second Alvor. I stayed at the Pestana Alvor Park. Beautiful Hotel. Great location, 10minutes walk to town and beach. My kids (5 & 6) never left the swimming pool!

Just home from Oura Praia Hotel with our 6yr old, excellent apartment, great location, very near beach and again just a short stroll to the strip to 'sit watch the world go by'.

When staying here you have the use of the facilities also at Clube Praia da Oura (again lovely we have stayed there 3 times before but no air con) and Oura View Beach Club (nicest palce we have ever stayed but no tour operator had these apts this year, you had to book directly and arrange your own flights and transfers but we were afraid to do so with the climate that we live in this year with so many tour operators/airlines going out of business) and also Bayview (have never been there or seen them as they are only newly acquired)

Happy Hour at pool bar between 4pm and 5pm - local large beer 89cent, fish & chip (or pizza or burger)and small mineral or beer €5 all day, lovely choice on the menu. Supermarket underneath part of the hotel which is so handy when trying to carry large containers of water etc.

Try to get a pool view as a small part of the hotel is on the side of a busy street, we were on that side and it was a little noisy at times, but if given the same apartment again we would still be happy to take it as it did not disturb our sleep any more than anywhere else we stayed on different holidays, beds nice and cumfy. I paniced after reading the review on tripadvisor about the rooms on this side of the hotel when we were checking in as I knew that this was the side where we were being allocated, but after the first night there (we were in bed by 11pm) I relaxed as it was grand the the size of the apt more than made up for it.

We will go back to that hotel sometime again when in the algarve.

We were lucky to get a cancellation 3 weeks before we travelled.

Hi i am going on hols to portugal for one week from 21 to 28 august, i have not booked any accomm yet, flying into Faro, could anyone recommend a good hotel, location for my husband, my son aged 6 and myself. Preferably looking for child friendly hotel that would be lively and an area where we would have lots to do. We will be hiring a car

At this late stage, I presume you have somewhere booked. Where did you decide to go?

Back