Political Rallies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I? Are they? No idea how that has any bearing on what the electorate voted for. Was it included in their manifestos?

Why is it you think so many party members did not give their first preference to a party candidate? Or are you just making up the numbers?

Any coverage I have seen of the opinions of the broader electorate has not suggested the majority went the polls demanding a FF/FG coalition as you seem to believe. What source leads you to believe that the majority of the electorate want such a coalition as their first preference?

Ah yes, your rambling personal anecdote really does speak to to the psyche of the nation :rolleyes:
FG claim to have 20,000 members they ran 82 candidates on average 242 first- preference votes would come from party members the balance of there first preference vote comes from people not connected to the party,
You also need to take into account lots of the supposed 20,000 members are made up of people supporting /following a local candidate rather than FG,

you just have to look at the likes of Roscommon No FG TD since Denis Naughten became an Independent TD, When the Healy Rea left FF lots of so called FF supporters left FF,

I have seen this in my local area there was no local FG candidate in the last General election, FG canvassers were not interested seeing there was no local candidate running,
When I looked up FF members the only thing showing up is the had between 10,000 and 15,000 active members back in 2005 I suspect it is a lot lower now so if we take the higher figure for 2005 of 15,000 they ran 84 candidates in 2020 election so the average first preference vote from FF members is around 178,
so you can see most people who gave there first preference vote to FF/FG have no connection with the partys, It is up to FF/FG to decide which group will be most angry if FF and FG do not form a Government, I suspect the opinion poll published last Sunday showing a further drop in support for both FF/FG speaks for itself,
I think it is FF and FG supporters who are doing the most rambling to be honest with you :);)

Last edited:
so you can see most people who gave there first preference vote to FF/FG

But you didn't say most, you said more than 99% of their first preferences came from non-members. From the above, I see you still haven't worked it out. There are more recent numbers for FF membership available and surprise surprise your assumption is wrong, again.

But you didn't say most, you said more than 99% of their first preferences came from non-members. From the above, I see you still haven't worked it out. There are more recent numbers for FF membership available and surprise surprise your assumption is wrong, again.
:) It must be very stormy or raining outside if more people are going into the Galway tent now than in 2005,;)
Active members of FF is the key
I already pointed out FF are still writing to former members to remind them the have not paid there Membership fees in years so they must still have them on there books,
When you get a chance find out how much the membership fee is to join FF and then have a look at how much they took in membership fees on there last published accounts,
Just for the record I know some Staunch FF Members still register family members as member of FF to try and keep the local cumann alive, the same so called members would not vote for FF if there life depended on it they seen them in action from the inside,
As i said the 2005 figure of active members of between 10,000 and 15000 I suspect is a lot lower now I was being kind to them putting there active members at 15,000 at the high of the Galway tent era,
It'no longer matters how many members they have, because it is the none members who now call the shots when its comes to both FF/FG from now on,

FF/FG have being sent a message and the people who sent it will not be fooled around with any longer it's now up to both FF/FG parties leaders to stop turning there backs on the people who put them in a position to form a coalition Government like they did in 2016 or pay a heavier price next time round,
I hope both FF and FG form a coalition Government this time round and over the next few years become one political party ,

Last edited:
Why is it? Again, you're just trying to redefine the facts to suit your incorrect assumptions.
Not Correct
I googled FF Membership and WikipediA 2005 came up. any poster including your good self who wants to can Google FF 2005 Ireland and see I was not redefining the facts,
I was using WikipediA and using there facts and cross checking against a local card carrying FF Member who I know well,
WikipediA figures were 10,000 to 15,000 active Members I used the highest possible number of15,000 members ,FF ran 84 candidates so if every Member voted which would be inpossible each candidate got around 178 votes from members,
If I use the lower number of 10,000 which i did not for 84 candidates works out at 119 votes from members,,
I could be very cheeky and point out with a turn out of 62.9 % each FF TD only got 74 first preference votes from FF members,balance came from none Members,

I thought he was being modest Before the General Election he could see the supporters who were there for the Co council election were no longer interested in canvassing for the general Election and has being that way for at least the last 30 years, By the way he is involved in vote tallying with FG and other parties ,
He will tell you that when the local boxes are opened and counted the do have a good Idea of the number of active members the make up away less than 1% of the First preferences vote, ,
I would like if you check for your self,
His take on FF Membership Numbers Is Before The selection of local Co Council candidates dormant local FF cumann come to life you need to be a paid up member to vote membership increases by around 500 to 600% before selection lots are never seen again they only joined to try and get a friend selected,

Last edited:
Not Correct
I googled FF Membership and WikipediA 2005 came up. any poster including your good self who wants to can Google FF 2005 Ireland and see I was not redefining the facts,
I was using WikipediA and using there facts and cross checking against a local card carrying FF Member who I know well,
WikipediA figures were 10,000 to 15,000 active Members I used the highest possible number of15,000 members

How are you using Wikipedia and coming up with a number that is half what is listed there with an October 2017 citation?

But let's say you based your calculations on your 15k figure for FF, and another 20k for FG, how did you calculate that non-members made up more than 99% of their first preference voters?

How are you using Wikipedia and coming up with a number that is half what is listed there with an October 2017 citation?

But let's say you based your calculations on your 15k figure for FF, and another 20k for FG, how did you calculate that non-members made up more than 99% of their first preference voters?
FF got 484K first prefs. 1% of that is 4.8k so it would look more likely that 2% to 3% were card carrying members. Is it worth arguing about? ;)

I love this. Wikipedia for research and a card carrying member of FF to validate the results!! What could possibly be wrong...…..

The point I am making and it is a very important for the future of both FF and FG if in the morning every single active member member stopped voting for FF and FG the out come of the last election would be the same, In other words listening to the 74 people who are members and Ignoring the other 99% who voted for them is a fools game,
FF /FG will not miss any of the people members who voted for each of there TDs if they are not happy allowing there parties to form a Government,

But FF/FG will miss every single one of more than 7400 none member who voted because they want them to form a Government,

At present the Tail Wagging The Dog leaders of both FF/FG need to understand the most powerful voters are the more than 7400 none members who voted for each of there 73 TDs,, the others don't count when it comes to the ballot box as FF are after finding out,

I love this. Wikipedia for research and a card carrying member of FF to validate the results!! What could possibly be wrong...…..
The leadership of FF to once again listen to the tail wagging the dog members and come back after the next general election with less TDs like what happened on the 8 of February 2020,:D
and FG leadership to repeat FF own goal of 2016:mad:,

The point I am making and it is a very important for the future of both FF and FG if in the morning every single active member member stopped voting for FF and FG the out come of the last election would be the same, In other words listening to the 74 people who are members and Ignoring the other 99% who voted for them is a fools game,

So you did make up the stats, and you are still assuming knowledge of the intentions of the electorate with no basis.

How is it you know that? Much of the membership of both parties have been very clear that is not what they voted for.

FF got 484K first prefs. 1% of that is 4.8k so it would look more likely that 2% to 3% were card carrying members. Is it worth arguing about? ;)
It is worth arguing about but I can see the rabbit hole and I ant going down there,

I used a figure of 1% Which is being used to try and get me down a rabbit hole, The jest of what I we are arguing about should the leaders of both FF and FG allow The Tail To Wagg the FF/FG dog,in other words allow the few old hard-core members left in both parties destroy both parties future,

The point I am making is of the 100% of the people who voted and elected the 73 FF/FG TDs 1% think the can do what the like with the 73 TDs We need to get through to them that is not how politics works in 2020, might have worked when sons and daughters of FF/FG voted the same way as there parents,

I do charity work in my local community which brings me into contact with political parties members all of the time., In 2016 there was a good few against FG and FF going into Government together,that is all now changed most agree the are sister parties who should go into government together,

The only thing keeping them apart is what happened close to 100 years ago,

The last Government did more in four years to bring FG and FF together and the few hard-core left in both parties know the are living in the past,they are yesterdays men and woman, no one should bother listening to them (there) : days are over,

No point in letting a left wing party with 24% of the vote into power because a few old timers are still stuck in a time warp of 28/6/1922,

Time for FG/FF leaders to stop playing games 99% of the people who elected FG/FF TDs don't like it, the 1% of yesterdays men and woman no longer count if the never voted again for FG/FF where can thet go, the 99% have plenty of places to go with there vote as the leaders of both FF/FG found out on the 8 of Feb 2020,
Getting back to the Political Rallies they are no more than attempt to show the 99% who still Voted for FF/FG that they are still controlled By Blueshirts,
You do know The Blueshirts were originally formed to give political/physical protection at Political Rallies,Google Blueshirts Ireland and see where the diehards came from,

(there ;)sorry Duke from time to time I can be a little like the diehard in FF/FG but I am good-humored about it,I expect you are also good-humored judging by your posting on hear,

Last edited:
Yea, but it would be great fun to watch. Will there be an edict issued about the correct language to use (no "up the RA" and nothing about not wanting darkies or queers running the country)?
Or should you edite it to say wanting to run away from running the Country and sending An Invitation to lefties and the RA'' to run it instead,:mad:

Last edited:
You do know The Blueshirts were originally formed to give political/physical protection at Political Rallies,Google Blueshirts Ireland and see where the diehards came from,
Still I would prefer that to the men in balaclavas that will be stewarding the SF/RA rallies;)

Getting back to the Political Rallies they are no more than attempt to show the 99% who still Voted for FF/FG that they are still controlled By Blueshirts,

Not sure if you're trying to establish an equivalence between the Blueshirts and the IRA, or just trolling, but I'll bite ..

I'm open to correction but I believe the Blueshirts have not murdered any children or Gardai in my lifetime. Can't say that about the IRA.

Not sure if you're trying to establish an equivalence between the Blueshirts and the IRA, or just trolling, but I'll bite ..

I'm open to correction but I believe the Blueshirts have not murdered any children or Gardai in my lifetime. Can't say that about the IRA.
I agree , I hate the IRA and all the stand for, I seen first hand the results of there actions, which is the reason why I would like to see like minded political parties coming together and form a Government, It is only a small number of members of FF/FG who are so shortsighted the cannot see they are the real reason SF are rising according to the latest opinion poll since the last general election,
I am far from a supporter of SF/IRA, I hope this post makes that clear,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back