poker chips

C

cullenswood

Anyone know where I can get a set of poker chips? Having a poker nite soon, so wouldn't mind getting my hands on a large set of chips. I'm in the Dublin area

Hi

Just this lunchtime I saw a set of poker chips in Cleary's basement. There is a sale on there at the moment. They come in a nice wooden box and really look the part - can't remember how much they were though.

We have a few boxes got them in Clearys about 6 months ago cost about €10 per box. However I think that all of these are gone and they only have the real good ones at circa €90 or so I am told.
As a matter of interest what game are u playing? No-Limit Texas-holdem I bet after watching it on sky/discovery/challange.
A few of us play this every 2 weeks and have great fun for €20 each.

If memory serves me correctly I think I saw some in Reads of Nassau Street.

Chips

My advice is to pay for the good ones if you play regularly. I was at a game recently where the host had a cheap set and they were pretty crap - like playing with tiddly-winks (for those of us old enough to remember).

There is a shop in Liffey Valley (can't remember the name of it) it is on the corner up from Golden Discs beside the escalators up to the food area that is selling them at the moment with 20% off.

chips

Yes Paulie you are right !

Tuthills newsagents. I knew I saw them somewhere.

nearly

Nealry Gerry, in the shop just across from Tuthills newsagents (and yes I still can't remember its name!!!)

I bought some last week after hunting around for ages for some - they aren't easy to get. I got them in a shop in Liffey St - on the left hand side of the road if you are coming from the halpenny bridge facing the entrance to the Epicurian. They had a range of different ones - the ones I got were 10 euros for a pack of 100.

The Pen Shop (on the corner of Trinity Street and Dame Street) have some too. The stuff that they sell there tends to be somewhat pricey, but you get what you pay for.

OK Sports, down a little side street in Rathmines (down behind Slattery's) also do Poker Chips, and also real nice Poker Table Cloths as well.

They have both cheap and more expensive options

They have a site www.oksports.ie/poker/

P.S.... Anyone interested in setting up a friendly Poker School in Dublin area?

Cards

What our school found over time was that the quality of the cards was every bit, if not more important, than the quality of the chips.

Go for linen cards, once you have played with them for a while you will find you won't want the old cards.

Murt

Back