Plasterer: Small job in the D8 area

L

Libowski

Hi All,

can anyone recommend a plasterer for the Dublin 8 area. It's a small job, I want the stippling on the ceiling in 2 bedrooms and a bathroom, removed and the ceilings skimmed. I've had two quotes already, one for €1800 and one for €800. Total area would be around 20ft by 18 ft.

Thanks in advance.

Libowski.

Not trying to belittle the work of plasterers but would it be possible for Joe Bloggs to have a go at plastering a room in a new build? We have a room which needs plastering and was half thinking of giving it a go myself - would this be mad?

Ceist Beag said:
Not trying to belittle the work of plasterers but would it be possible for Joe Bloggs to have a go at plastering a room in a new build? We have a room which needs plastering and was half thinking of giving it a go myself - would this be mad?

Yes this would be mad, you may think it's easy watching a professional but it takes a long time to master this trade if you attempt this yourself for the first time it will look like a disaster, trust me the imperfections will showing up through the paint, get a qualified plasterer to do it and you will be happy with the end result.
I've seen a lot of first timers attempt this type of work and it really does turn out shoddy and all because "it looks handy enough"

Good Luck ;)

Thanks Dobber. I thought it would be a bit mad but needed to hear it from someone else to confirm that!! ;-)

Back