Planning Permission For New Entrance

Frazzled123

I live on a small county lane. The lane has about 10 houses and is 2kms long. A neighbour owns some sheds opposite my house. The sheds have planning permission for agricultural use only. The entrance for the sheds were originally by his own house. However, he's recently moved the entrance to directly opposite my very large living room window!

Hes running a small business from the sheds (not agricultural) and there are a number of cars, lorries and tractors that come in and out of the entrance daily. I'm sick of people waving in the window at me.

Do I have any rights here? Is there someone that I can contact in the county council?
We've paid a lot of money for the house and we can't use the living room if we want any kind of privacy.

I do have blinds obviously but I'd like to keep them opened!!

You can lodge a complaint to the local authority about the non-authorised development across the road (both the new entrance and the change of use). Your neighbour will of course know it was you who submitted the complaint. You could talk to them and explain your concern.

An alternative is to plant screening along your boundary, assuming you have a suitable front garden.

Back