Planning on 0.45 acre?

Mel

In the interest of keeping all my options open, I am looking into the possibility of building on a family plot of land.

It is approx. 0.9 of an acre, with one cottage already standing, built probably 80 years ago, and modernised 10 years ago.

It is in a designated scenic area, and situated directly on a wide bend - entrance would be alongside the existing entrance.

I grew up in the area, worked there until my employer ceased trading, was heavily involved in local life - established the parish website which is still in existence, acted as translator for, and travelled abroad at own expense with, the local twinning committee.

What are the chances of the plot size being relaxed in the 'suitable site' stipulation of the Supplementary Information submission? The size is very close to the 1/2 acre minimum, but i have been told that 3/4 acre per house is now the norm.

Edited to add:- This post should of course be located in Mortgages and Home Buying, I'm not sure how it ended up here - If Moderator would move the post I would appreciate it. M.

Back