Philosophical question: Is there a difference between....

Tá sé sin ceart ach…….isn't that broadly true of many threads in the cyberworld and many chats in de real world?

Some alright, but AAM has never pretended to be able to provide any insight into the collective mindset of any nation or community. Most of the chats on here, as you would expect, tend to focus on financial matters and tend to be data driven. We're not great on talking about feelings :D

Morality is deeply personal, and a function of character, upbringing, experience, etc.. Any individual would likely answer your question differently at different stages over their lifetime.

True to a point, Leo - in my de fence...….it is in shooting the breeze and even there I prefaced my question as a philosophical one.

In the study of philosophy, one examines morality - it is in this context that the question was intended. I referenced a paper earlier which will explain more about the question if you have the time to read it.

True to a point, Leo - in my de fence...….it is in shooting the breeze and even there I prefaced my question as a philosophical one.

Yep, and just to be clear, there's no issue at all with the discussion being here.

In the study of philosophy, one examines morality - it is in this context that the question was intended. I referenced a paper earlier which will explain more about the question if you have the time to read it.

True, but those studying acknowledge there is no single authority on morality. From an academic research point of view, the thoughts of a few AAMers could not be considered to be a reliable measure.

I had a quick look at the paper alright, it seems to ask more questions than it attempts to answer, and talk about generality without defining how they have arrived at that view. The closest they come to a finding seems to be one of 'it varies'.

Back