Peugeot 307 - skidding at take off

aoc

I have a '05 307 - i have to say i love it apart from 2 things... anyone have similiar experience

1. car doesn't seem to tick over properly rev's keep dipping (has recently been serviced no problems), but sounds like its just about to cut out and then just picks up again
2. when you take off it kinda seems to skid a bit....

Seems like you got a good Peugeot, it actually moves!

As Mr. Clarkson said why do Peugeot give us such boring cars!!

Can't agree. The 407 is one smart looking motor and that includes the estate which is a real beauty.

Re: the skidding

Sounds like bald tyres to me.

If not, what about your clutch control? Are you over reving?

Amongst a litany of other faults,my (ex)307 had these problems but they were minor so went unchecked in the 9 happy months i owned the heap

My (ex) 2004 307 had a similar intermittent fault in that the car would just drop power as if coasting to a stop and the revs would drop and then just pick it up again.

Have a 307 tdi, great car and never given me any issues, haven't come accross the issues you seem to be having

2 thoughts, one is the tyres, secondly could you have filled with dirty petrol at some stage so your pipes/filters are partially blocked?

Revs dropping is almost certainly a sensor issue. The trick is knowing which one, as there are a few and they could cost €100 each. Get the car hooked up to a diagnostic machine (non-main dealer will obviously be cheaper) and they'll tell you that either the TPS (Throttle position sensor), AFM or MAF (Air-Fuel meter or Mass Air Flow meter), or coolant temp sensor is gone.
My money is on one of them. Easily replaced by any mechanic or DIY-er.

thanks pique - know a local guy will get him to look at that.

dont have bald tyres - its just something that happens with the car, i've heard a few others mention this also.

don't think its the petrol either, checked that.

Love peugeot - this is my 2nd and would def purchase again......... why do they get such a bad time.... then i suppose we all have had a car that we would never buy again( the saxo for me........ biggest pile ever)

Harsh!! i think.....

def going to get the sensors checked... will report back!!

it kinda sounds like you are doing a mini boy racer take off... kinda like the wheels spin for a milli second while you are taking off.....you accelerate and nothing happens for a little second then it takes off as normal....

getting paranoid about the tyres now... will get them checked too..

it kinda sounds like you are doing a mini boy racer take off... kinda like the wheels spin for a milli second while you are taking off.....you accelerate and nothing happens for a little second then it takes off as normal....

getting paranoid about the tyres now... will get them checked too..

What brand are the tyres?

aaaaaammmm have no idea.... hardly know the model of the car... sorry not speaking for all women here... but make of tyres - no idea.... will check tho...

Check the pressures - if the pressures are too high, can contribute to the skidding you feel on take off.
Also, FWD cars will skid a little on take off - less throttle and better clutch control will help.

check that you have the ESP on

ESP should be on by default but it can be turned off. You should get a warning light on the dash if it is turned off

If it isnt off then get the mechanic to check that the sensor is working correctly

what is ESP??:confused:

there is a pressure suggestion on side of tyres, will check them tomorrow.

starting to feel like a bad driver now..... cancan.... you sound a bit like my dad when i started driving :D

Cant remember what ESP stands forbut

If it is turned off the wheels wont try to dig in to soft ground and spin without moving the car

I have a Peugeot 307 and in mine its in the middle of the dash

Back