Permanent TSB Service - Swords Branch

Right well if thats the case then I was clearly wrong.

I must say that I find it incredible that there is no obligation for the bank to provide customers with receipts unless they fills in the receipt docket themselves.... I find that remarkable

Iv'e never come across this in all my life. Always been provided with receipts in the 1000's of lodgements I have done with AIB and BOI, never had to ask for one.

So what your saying is that filling in the receipt stub is basically the customers way of requesting for a receipt of the lodgement??? And as such you have to ask for a receipt (fill in the stub) in order to get one??? If that is the case it's ridiculous

although i agree it is over the top, i think the point that Joncol is trying to make is that the service was terrible, worse still the employee had a terrible attitude. No excuse for that.

It's up to the customer to fill them in.

"Do you want a receipt?"

"Yes"

"Then please complete the stub / counterfoil."

"Ok"

is how I played it when working as a cashier.

It only takes a second to ensure that the amount on the receipt matches the amount of the lodgment.

Joncol. If you had a child's money box full of coin that you wanted lodged to your child's account how would you go about it?

Back