Pepper to announce entry to mortgage market tomorrow?

Hi Delboy

Pepper are not a deposit taker, so if they make bad loans, we won't have to bail out the depositors as we did the last time.

Of course, if the borrowers don't pay their loans, Pepper's other customers may pay higher mortgage rates to make up for the fact that Pepper won't be able to repossess.

Brendan
Say they have a high % of bad loans after some Global downturn, and they make a move on a few thousand 'families' and try to evict them amidst uproar from the Media, NGO and various Chancers.
I think you'll find thats when the rest of us might get a hit as some sort of Govt plan to bail out those families takes shape

Say they have a high % of bad loans after some Global downturn, and they make a move on a few thousand 'families' and try to evict them amidst uproar from the Media, NGO and various Chancers.
I think you'll find thats when the rest of us might get a hit as some sort of Govt plan to bail out those families takes shape

Possibly. But if they are giving loans to people now who would not otherwise get loans, maybe they are saving the state some money.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about this aspect of it.

Brendan

Back