people throwing litter from cars: where can this be reported?

Assuming the smoker smokes in the car when their children are present. The type of person who does this would probably be beyond re-education where littering is concerned.

Driving back from the Stillorgan Industrial Estate today across the Luas line I notice that the houses that back on to that particular stretch of road, Lakelands I believe it is called, are just dumping their garden rubbish over the wall and on to the public area. Are litter wardens blind or what?

How do you know the rubbish comes from the houses there? Could be opportunistic dumping by "outsiders."

Dreadful thread, so smokers apparently are the only people in the country who litter!!!?? I am a smoker and wouldn't dream of throwing a fag butt out of the window of a car, much more a mcdonalds wrapper. So you report me to the cops for doing that if it was the case and make a case against me on what you claim you saw happen and have my number plate - prove it? I mean I could pick any car off the road and say the same.

Assuming the smoker smokes in the car when their children are present. The type of person who does this would probably be beyond re-education where littering is concerned.

Good God! "Re-education"??? How's about you start with a plain old "education" sonny! Comical.

Reeducation is an appropriate term in the context below where rehabilitation is required due to learned delinquent behaviour.

The child sees the parent throwing "stuff" ouit the window and therefore it seems okay for them to throw "stuff" out the window..........

Driving back from the Stillorgan Industrial Estate today across the Luas line I notice that the houses that back on to that particular stretch of road, Lakelands I believe it is called, are just dumping their garden rubbish over the wall and on to the public area. Are litter wardens blind or what?

Maybe they don't pass every particular stretch of road in their area - Have you given them a call to report this problem?

So you report me to the cops for doing that if it was the case and make a case against me on what you claim you saw happen and have my number plate - prove it? I mean I could pick any car off the road and say the same.

The witness appears in court and gives evidence. If someone wants to go to court and lie to say they saw someone littering for some strange reason, then I guess there's nothing to stop them.

Saw recently in a newspaper where a person who was going through Drogheda was spotted by the litter warden throwing I think a cig .butt out of car and was brought to court and fined €1000 and I think € 258 costs!

Reeducation is an appropriate term in the context below where rehabilitation is required due to learned delinquent behaviour.

You missed my point. I have nothing but contempt for creatures who throw rubbish out car windows, or anywhere else for that matter, it's just the previous poster's assumption that all smokers are litterers that I found laughable. In my little book there's only one thing worse than a militant smoker.....a militant anti-smoker. Seeing as we're in to generalisations on this thread....militant anti-smokers = quite the dullest people on earth who generally seem allergic to smiling. Maybe it's the smoke in their eyes. :rolleyes:

Back