Pension drawdown strategy

Strikes me like you are exactly the case that the cheaper Class 2 contribution was designed for. The Class 2 rate was originally introduced for the self-employed but eventually was extended to UK nationals who went abroad on "temporary overseas assignment". The temporary bit seems to be irrelevant. Anyway, download a Form CF83 from the HMRC website, complete it and send it off to HMRC Newcastle.... takes a while to get a verdict from them though.

Tried that 50, Nope it did not work.... it wanted a UK passport number which I do not have and a credit history report. Mind, I was only asked for that about 10 minutes into the sign up (why they could not ask me at the start I do not know

Tried that 50, Nope it did not work.... it wanted a UK passport number which I do not have and a credit history report. Mind, I was only asked for that about 10 minutes into the sign up (why they could not ask me at the start I do not know

What needs a UK passport and credit history? If you mean gov gateway I never suggested using that as you had mentioned sign up problems earlier..

As I stated, write to the address provided. Actually seems to be a on line form you can complete now making it even easier havent tried this, but might save you a stamp:

Cheers 50, must do that. It would certainly be handier than writing to them every so often for an update